Marshall Reinhart obtained his law degree from Osgoode Hall Law School in 1983. He also has an MBA from the University of Western Ontario. Prior to joining Raviele Vaccaro in June 2014, Marshall was a partner at a large national law firm, Gowlings LLP.
Marshall is an effective advocate and negotiator who is focused on cost efficient resolution of disputes. He has represented clients in a variety of complex commercial matters related to franchising, product liability, and shareholder and partnership agreements. He has also handled diverse civil litigation in the areas of wills and estates, landlord and tenant relations, defamation and human rights, and is experienced in the defence of provincial or regulatory charges, particularly transportation-related offences.
Some of Marshall’s past accomplishments include:
- represented Government of Ontario before the Walkerton Public Inquiry, which was established to investigate the circumstances surrounding the contamination of the Town of Walkerton’s water supply
- obtained court order quashing search warrant in connection with RCMP investigation while acting for former Minister of Finance for Ontario
- excellent track record representing Tarion Warranty Corporation before the Licence Appeal Tribunal
- successfully represented Canada’s largest franchised network of business service centres in a number of franchise disputes
- effected positive change in provincial educational policy regarding the right to accommodation for learning disabilities in a Human Rights Tribunal proceeding
Community-oriented, Marshall has been a Big Brother and served as Director of the Board of PACE Independent Living, a non-profit community support service organization established to provide support services to adults with physical disabilities.
Marshall has been a contributing editor of a number of legal publications and is currently responsible for updating Carswell’s Choate on Discovery. <