Human Rights Law
Human rights play a crucial role in fostering a fair society for all and ensuring that people are treated with dignity and respect. As Canadians, we are afforded protection against discrimination and harassment based on race, colour, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, disability and sexual orientation under the Canadian Human Rights Act. In Ontario, it is the Ontario Human Rights Code that gives everyone equal rights and opportunities without discrimination in specific social areas such as jobs, housing, services, facilities, and contracts or agreements.The lawyers at RV Law provide quality human rights representation in both the courtroom and administrative tribunal setting that you can rely on. Our firm has experience representing clients before the Ontario courts, the federal and provincial human rights commission, various disciplinary hearings, boards of inquiry, grievance proceedings, and other administrative law hearings.
We are experienced drafting workplace policies and advising on their implementation for our business and employer clientele to ensure they are compliant with human rights legislation.
As part of the full service offered to our clients, we can also assist with the handling of internal complaint resolution procedures in order to enforce those same policies and processes established by our office in the first place.
Whether you are:
- the victim of discrimination or harassment;
- a party against whom a human rights complaint is made;
- an employer requiring human rights counsel;
- a business seeking advice in respect of human rights policies and procedures to be established and implemented;
- a party involved in the enforcement of internal dispute resolution procedures;
- a prospective investor, employee, or independent contractor in need of counsel with regards to negotiating human rights related provisions of a contract; or
- a professional seeking representation before a disciplinary body; etc…
you can trust the RV Law team to negotiate and advocate on your behalf. Contact us online or call our office toll free at 416-364-5200 to schedule an initial consultation.